Wisnik Career Enterprises, Inc. is committed to helping you achieve your goals. We specialize in placing law firm talent in the following areas:
- Professional Development
- Practice Management
Search Our Jobs
Public Relations SpecialistFor the New York Office of a Prestigious Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Works closely with PR managers, practice/office leaders and Partners on media relations activities;
- Generates and pitches story ideas about the Firm's practices/areas of expertise, accomplishments and Partners;
- Cultivates/leverages strong relationships with key journalists across geographies in business, legal and other trade press;
- Reviews daily firm press coverage for distribution to Partners and helps prepare Partners for conversations with the press;
- Assists with Firmís participation in surveys, directories and awards; identifies opportunities and strategizes on and edits submissions;
- Monitors general business and legal trade media to proactively identify thought leadership opportunities for attorneys.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- 4+ years of PR/Media Relations experience - journalism or another related field preferred;
- Superb oral and written communications skills; ability to interact effectively with Partners, other attorneys and administrative staff at all levels;
- Strong familiarity with legal marketplace and professional services firm operations;
- Significant knowledge of the business and legal press (coverage, tone, frequency, etc.) and strong business acumen; able to identify and execute proactively on media opportunities;
- Flexible self-starter with a desire to work in both strategic and hands-on capacities.