BD Manager - IP & LitigationFor the Chicago or Detroit Office of a Premier AmLaw 200 Firm
This is a filled position.
- Manage the business development initiatives and projects that are aligned with Firm goals; develop effective business development plans and processes aligned with Firm strategy and priorities;
- Oversee all pitch and RFP response activities and develop effective proposals and pitch presentations, including the creation of customized materials;
- Conduct competitive analysis and opportunity assessments within certain industries, legal areas and markets; highlight market and competitive trends with business development implications;
- Manage the development of cross-selling, client retention and other business development or marketing-related education to programs;
- Manage the development and implementation of public relations and internal/external communications strategy and action plans that are aligned with attorney business plans
- Bachelor's Degree; 7+ years of related work experience; MBA preferred, JD a plus;
- Strong team management skills and demonstrated ability to work in a matrix structure;
- Ability to effectively integrate within the Firm's environment and engage the BD team and attorneys;
- Proven leader with demonstrated success leading large-scale, client-focused business development initiatives, preferably within a law firm or professional services environment;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, set priorities and deliver results at all levels of an organization;
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices within business development & marketing communications processes.