Business Development Specialist for Litigation and IPFor the Philadelphia Office of a Well-Respected Regional Firm
This is a filled position.
- Work closely with attorneys on drafting and customizing pitch books, RFPs and presentations;
- Utilize the Firm's research tools to create competitive analyses on companies and industries; collaborate with BD Managers and lawyers to identify new business and cross selling opportunities;
- Work with lawyers and BD Managers to draft case summaries for practice descriptions and lawyer biographies;
- Prepare submissions for key directory rankings, awards and league tables;
- Collaborate with the Firm's Events Specialist on client events and sponsorships;
- Prepare and track annual BD budgets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field; 4+ years of experience in a professional services environment required, experience with litigation practices preferred;
- Proactive self-starter and strategic thinker who can oversee multiple projects with minimal supervision;
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to draft and summarize technical legal topics into plain English;
- Solid knowledge of legal marketing practices, including BD, CRM and marketing communications;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to handle a variety of personalities and provide information with sensitivity and tact;
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Monitor Suite (or similar legal research tools).