Business Development Manager, CorporateFor the Chicago or Detroit Office of a Premier Am Law 200 Firm
This is a filled position.
- Develop effective business development plans and processes aligned with department strategies and priorities; provide support for new business development efforts, including customized pitch and RFP responses;
- Maintain knowledge of legal market and competitive trends with business development implications; provide attorneys with updates on key industries, client prospects and local/geographic trends;
- Collaborate with Attorneys and Director of Client Development on cross-selling and client retention initiatives;
- Provide strategic coaching to individual lawyers and
- Manage overall legal ranking process for designated departments and practices and serve as central resource for attorneys in gathering the appropriate information for the legal ranking submissions such as Chambers USA, Pitchbook and Merger Market;
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager on the development and implementation of public relations and internal/external communications strategies and tactics that are aligned with attorney business plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications and/or Marketing (or related discipline), J.D. or MBA preferred;
- Relevant industry experience in marketing or business development roles at real estate, private equity or investment banking firms;
- Strong team management skills and demonstrated ability to work in a matrix structure;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; must be persuasive and demonstrate active listening skills;
- Proven leader with demonstrated success leading client-focused business development initiatives;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines through effective problem solving and prioritization skills.