Professional Development Manager for Capital MarketsFor the New York Office of a Prestigious Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Staff approximately 25 associates as needed and track assignments;
- Monitor utilization and track associates' experience in order to maximize the variety of work, increase exposure to different partners and develop new skills;
- Assist practice resource lawyers with monthly CLE programs;
- Manage the Career Advisor Program for the Capital Markets group;
- Manage lateral integration program including conducting orientation, arranging periodic gatherings and checking in with new arrivals regularly;
- Assist with the rotation process for approximately 80 junior corporate associates; work with staffing partners and practice group coordinators to assess projected staffing needs.
- 3+ years of experience in a law firm or professional services; JD and/or Master's preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire confidence among all levels;
- Ability to propose creative solutions to challenging problems;
- Ability to project confidence in a high-stress environment;
- Familiarity with Excel and comfortable creating and presenting PowerPoint presentations.