Director of Human ResourcesFor the New York Office of a Well-Known Wall Street Law Firm
- Create and implement personnel policies designed to support the Firm’s business needs while promoting a positive work environment for employees; assure policies and procedures are compliant with federal and state laws and regulations;
- Supervise a team of five HR professionals; advise other Directors, Managers and Supervisors on human resource issues, including employee relations and legal compliance with HR related laws and regulations;
- Provide direction for HR team in planning and implementation of HR processes and procedures, including group benefits, payroll, staffing, recruiting, orientation, work performance reviews, staff development and time and attendance;
- Oversee the Firm’s health and welfare programs in all offices for both Partners and employees; lead the Benefits Committee in identifying and recommending program updates including policy design, coverage levels and employee contributions;
- Work with Managers in all efforts to hire new employees; interview all professional candidates in the New York office prior to offers being extended;
- Coordinate annual review process of all professional staff; participate in review meetings with department heads; actively monitor compensation levels and recommend off-cycle market adjustments for professional staff.
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role in a law firm or partnership environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain plans, policies and procedures in an organized, clear and concise manner;
- Well-versed in various benefit programs and the entire payroll/tax cycle;
- Good listener who is able to handle complex employee relations issues sensitively while keeping the Firm’s interest in the forefront;
- Good judgment; detail-oriented and organized so as to juggle disparate tasks and demands on a daily basis while keeping long term goals in site;
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Visio, Word and HR databases; experience with Ultimate Software and viGlobal is a plus.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results