Business Development Manager (Financial Services)For the New York Office of a Financial Services Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Assist Partners in developing and executing practice group and individual business development plans and budgets;
- Understand the Firm's Financial Services practice and platform, client base, market opportunities and business development support needs;
- Conduct and analyze client, prospect, industry and market research to identify new business opportunities and provide attorneys with an up-to-date understanding of the competitive landscape;
- Proactively identify business development opportunities by monitoring industry and client news and developments; communicate and track lead generation opportunities to the attorneys;
- Oversee and execute the preparation of pitches, presentations, RFP responses, background materials and general practice group marketing materials;
- Manage profile-raising opportunities, including directory, award and league table submissions.
- 7+ years of BD experience within a law firm or professional services environment;
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field;
- Experience leading and/or supporting product marketing campaigns is a plus;
- Proactive business development professional who can lead initiatives;
- Possess strong knowledge of the financial services regulatory legal market;
- Excellent analytical and research skills and the ability to synthesize actionable reports and business development strategies from a wide variety of data and sources.