Business Development Manager (NY Business Intelligence)For the New York Office of a Prestigious International Law Firm
- Manage on-the-ground operations for the BI group in New York;
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the Firm’s clientele and key practice groups and serve as a subject matter expert regarding peer firms and strategic direction;
- Partner with the Transactional BI Associate Director for professional development for NY team members, scoping-out and coordinating project pipelines and contributing to Firmwide team direction;
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and best practices for mining and normalizing data from a variety of sources to compile intelligence briefings (including company/firm profiles, relationship analysis, biographical dossiers, etc.);
- Conduct competitive intelligence and benchmarking research within an industry or among peer firms; lead high-level research and targeting projects across practices for the New York office;
- Monitor alerts and news flow to support proactive BI team initiatives, and aid in development of new initiatives and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years’ experience in either a law firm or a finance-related professional services environment;
- Proven ability to organize and manage a diverse range of projects, prioritizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines (at times in high-pressure situations) and deploying work effectively across multiple team members or stakeholders;
- Meticulous methods of information acquisition, compilation, and communication (including the use of online information databases, tools and resources); attention to detail is imperative;
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to absorb, refine, and concisely convey complex information; ability to display data in new and efficient visual representations is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills to cultivate meaningful team and stakeholder relationships, and superior client service orientation;
- An executive presence, business savvy, diplomacy and discretion around sensitive business matters.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results