Public Relations/Communications CoordinatorFor the New York Office of a Prestigious International Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Support the execution of public relations plans that are consistent with PR strategy and policies, organizational needs, business goals and the Firm brand; build and foster relationships with attorneys, journalists, and business development colleagues;
- Draft and edit press releases, media advisories and other external and internal public relations content;
- Execute research projects related to evaluating media opportunities, media interview preparation and byline article placement;
- Contribute to the Firm’s social media efforts;
- Prepare nominations for various features and awards;
- Create and maintain databases and other organizational tools to assist in the overall administration of communications projects.
- 2+ years of experience in communications and/or marketing roles, preferably in a PR agency or professional services environment; Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism or public relations;
- Proficient with technology applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Word and Excel; exposure to media monitoring tools, media databases, social media tools and website content management systems a plus;
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills and a professional demeanor;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and impeccable attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with internal and external contacts.