BD & Marketing SpecialistFor the New York Office of a Financial Services Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Conduct competitive intelligence research of prospective targets, industries, markets, competition and conflicts via firm-wide resources, online databases and utilization of library resources; prepare related reports;
- Create targeted proposals and manage all aspects of RFP/RFI responses; develop and manage content for targeted presentations, proposals and pitch materials;
- Work with marketing systems and client lists and assist with experience database updates; track the success of pitching and other business development activities;
- Identify practice-related awards and prepare and manage related directory submissions (e.g. Chambers, Legal500, IFLR, League Table, etc.);
- Research and evaluate speaking and sponsorship opportunities for the Firm and Partners;
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Specialist on collateral materials, experience lists and a broad range of other types of marketing materials.
- 4-5 years of experience in business development or marketing roles, preferably in a law firm or financial institution; Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business-related field;
- Familiarity with accepted research techniques and databases typically used for competitive intelligence in a professional services company; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat skills r
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills and a professional demeanor;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, corporate finance (capital markets, mergers and acquisitions) a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and impeccable attention to detail;
- Highly motivated, proactive, responsive and conscientious, with a commitment to delivering excellent client service; flexibility to work additional hours as necessary.