Director of Business DevelopmentFor the Northern New Jersey Office of a Sophisticated Regional Firm
This is a filled position.
- Support the business development objectives set out in the Firm’s strategic plan;
- Work closely with Partners to develop and implement business plans;
- Develop and implement strategic BD initiatives including organizing industry groups to target and grow client base;
- Direct proactive cross-selling BD programs that will maximize opportunities with existing clients;
- Prepare and coach attorneys for BD meetings with prospective clients;
- Lead market research, analysis and competitive intelligence initiatives to identify new business opportunities.
- 10+ years of business development experience, ideally in a law firm;
- Bachelor's degree required; JD, MBA or related advanced degree a plus;
- Proven experience planning, developing, and implementing successful business development initiatives;
- Solid understanding of clients’ business and how to establish trusted advisor relationships;
- A collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with Partners, Firm management, colleagues and staff;
- Highly professional with a strong client-service orientation; proven ability to build trust-filled relationships with professionals at all levels.