Director of Business DevelopmentFor a Boutique Intellectual Property Law Firm – Can Reside Anywhere on the East Coast.
This is a filled position.
- Provide leadership and direction for the Firm’s BD initiatives in support of its strategic plan; actively engage with practice groups heads and individual attorneys to develop project plans execute implementation tactics;
- Deliver research and recommendations on target industries, companies and practice areas to drive growth strategies;
- Lead client outreach efforts to gain a better understanding of clients’ business needs and issues they are facing;
- Identify and implement technology solutions to automate opportunity identification and facilitate knowledge management; refine and monitor reporting tools, analytics and metrics to define and track success;
- Manage a small team; foster client service-oriented approach and revenue-generating focus that provides top tier support to the Firm;
- Develop the annual BD budget, ensuring expenditures are consistent with approved plans; monitor profitability of activities and promotional programs, recommending changes as appropriate.
- 10+ years of law firm business development experience; master’s degree or equivalent preferred;
- Proven experience in crafting and implementing BD strategies in line with the Firm’s growth objectives;
- Passion for research and analysis, with strong analytical and financial modeling skills;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- Ability to manage and inspire a cross-functional team as well as attorneys and practice group leadership; ability to influence and manage change efforts.