Litigation Communications ManagerFor the New York Office of a Prestigious Law Firm
- Manage incoming press inquiries; identify and pitch story ideas to position lawyers as experts in legal, business and trade publications;
- Coordinate and counsel lawyers on press opportunities, prepare talking points and provide media coaching as needed;
- Identify, build and strengthen relationships with key media contacts and connect them to partners as media sources; obtain placements in media outlets, including quotes, expert analysis and thought leadership;
- Develop collegial and collaborative relationships with partners, practice group leaders, and business development teams to develop key messaging and identify media opportunities;
- Collaborate with the firm's external public relations agency to develop and execute PR plans/strategies;
- Regularly monitor relevant news outlets to identify topical trends and stories as potential media opportunities.
- 5+ years prior experience in a marketing or communications-related field; working knowledge of the legal industry and law firm market experience;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to successfully lead multiple projects and work with little direction in a highly collaborative environment;
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, work well under pressure and coordinate sophisticated communications programs with good results;
- Able to handle stressful situations and interact with various personalities and communication styles at all levels in the firm;
- Strong analytic and research skills;
- Comprehensive, accurate note-taking and excellent proofreading skills.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results