Public Relations ManagerFor the New York Office of a Large Global Law Firm
- Assume a leading role in identifying opportunities and securing placements to generate visibility for the firm and its lawyers across targeted earned media channels;
- Liaise with the firm's external PR agencies and members of the business development team and other business services teams to identify client successes, trends, issues and feature stories for partner commentary, with an eye towards ensuring maximum expos
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with reporters and editors at key legal, business and trade publications, particularly those in the legal industry as well as the corporate/M&A, white collar litigation, restructuring, investment funds and IP sect
- Lead efforts on the communications team to ensure timely collection, drafting and posting of news items regarding attorney speaking engagements, media appearances and articles to the internal firm portal and/or website;
- Place bylined articles in legal and trade publications, including via the re-publication of existing thought leadership content;
- Coordinate with Head of Public Relations on firm-wide communications strategies to elevate and monitor the Firm’s profile.
- 8+ years of corporate communications/PR experience; bachelor's degree required;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with online and electronic newswire services, media tracking and Internet research resources;
- Strong project management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance competing demands and manage multiple projects concurrently, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced professional environment;
- Excellent research and analytical abilities;
- Superior writing, editing and verbal communications skills;
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results