Events & PR SpecialistFor the New York Office of a Large Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Collaborate with the firm’s business services departments, including Business Development, Legal Recruiting, Professional Development and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), to manage all aspects of their events;
- Create and send all event-related communications, including invitations, reminders, travel and other logistical details, safety protocols, CLE information, dietary restrictions, hotel coordination and responses to guest inquiries;
- Liaise with the Graphics team to create event collateral, including signage and name badges; reserve meal and reception venues; design and approve menus, floorplans, seating charts and other banquet details with reference to event objectives, budget, and
- Schedule and conduct site walk-throughs and run-of-show meetings; provide onsite event support; manage vendors, such as restaurant and hotel staff; manage onsite logistics, such as delivery of remarks and transportation;
- Work closely with the PR team to coordinate deadlines, create templates and process documents for all key legal directory submissions and awards nominations; assist with writing select submissions, including reviewing and editing content;
- Track nominations and results for directories and awards; liaise with editors and researchers to better understand any updates to methodology and guidelines for directory submissions.
- 3+ years of related work experience in a professional services environment; bachelor’s degree required;
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize; ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Able to complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision;
- Ability to think critically and analytically, and exhibit sound judgment;
- Excellent research skills.