Business Development Manager (Global Project, Energy & Infrastructure)For the New York Office of a Large Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Support the BD and marketing activities of the Firm’s Global Project, Energy & Infrastructure practice and serve as the primary point of contact;
- Conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to develop best practices and aid in the development of BD plans, presentations and proposals;
- In coordination with Conference & Events Manager and Events Manager, manage all practice-related seminars, CLE presentations and client-facing events;
- Prepare, review and revise directory and award submissions;
- Liaise with the Firm’s Communications team and Practice Group Leaders on media relations and communications activities relevant to BD initiatives;
- Create, edit and/or publish responses to RFPs, pitches and presentations, web and print marketing materials, client alerts, and newsletters and articles authored by attorneys;
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in a professional environment;
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or JD preferred;
- Ability to effectively delegate; ability to set and communicate goals, measure accomplishments, hold people accountable and give practical, impartial feedback;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Relationship-building skills;
- Excellent project management skills.