BD & Marketing ManagerFor the New Haven Office of a Mid-Sized International Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Write annual business plans for various practice groups; follow up with Partners to support their BD goals;
- Provide coaching, counseling and guidance to the lawyers and associates on growing revenue, building their profile and enhancing reputation;
- Manage the production of marketing-related promotional and client materials, such as brochures, reprints, newsletters, client alerts and Firm announcements;
- Spearhead various marketing research projects, including research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity and industry trends to assist in the development of marketing plans, pitches, presentations and responses to RFPs;
- Identify and determine priority awards, rankings and publications for the firm to pursue; prepare submissions for awards and track results;
- Provide support for events, corporate sponsorships, regional client entertainment and receptions.
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing/BD experience, preferably in a law or other professional services firm; strong business acumen required; minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience;
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field is required; Masters in Journalism or MBA a plus;
- Meticulous attention to detail, as well as strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and approach projects with a flexible and adaptable mindset;
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of InterAction is a plus;
- Legal marketing support for a corporate or transactional practice group preferred; RFP experience required.