Business Development Manager - HealthcareFor the New York or DC Offices of a Well-Respected Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Develop, recommend and execute strategies to drive growth for assigned business units; collaborate with business unit and practice leaders to develop business plans, budgets and client targeting strategies to drive business development;
- Conduct research, analyze trends and identify opportunities in key industry sectors and with target clients; analyze competitors and their service offerings and identify opportunities to raise the profile of the practices and partners;
- Write winning client proposals, pitches and RFP responses and draft compelling legal directory/ranking submissions;
- Produce thought leadership reports, white papers, newsletters, client alerts and marketing collateral in coordination with the marketing team;
- Plan seminars, webinars, conferences, tradeshows and other Firm-sponsored events in coordination with the marketing events team;
- Supervise, train, manage the work of, assess the performance of, motivate and mentor team members.
- Background in the healthcare industry and at least 7 years of experience in business development within a law firm or similar professional services environment;
- Substantive knowledge of the healthcare industry and the ability to work well with various stakeholders within the Firm;
- Strong leader and team player who can direct, coach, motivate and work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the department and Firm goals; proven ability to supervise, train and motivate team members;
- Forward-thinking, strategic thinker and self-starter with the ability to balance long-term strategic vision and effective day-to-day execution;
- Superb project management that can be utilized both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment; proven ability to self-manage and multitask in a â€œlightning speedâ€ environment with shifting priorities;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in a persuasive manner; strong writing, editorial and proofreading skills.