PR & Communications Specialist - CorporateFor the New York Office of a Very Prestigious Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Work on all aspects of PR and external communications with a strong focus on the Corporate practice;
- Handle day-to-day press relations; initiate, develop, and maintain solid relationships with the press; write and issue press announcements, and determine appropriate media distribution plans;
- Work closely with Partners to understand their business needs and objectives in order to help them develop effective PR plans; research and arrange bylined article opportunities for Partners;
- Provide background material and training for Partners in advance of interviews or potentially contentious press episodes;
- Monitor reporter moves for new introductions/contact opportunities and for updating targeted media plans; maintain contact with various conference groups and assist in the development and coordination of speaking engagements for lawyers;
- Manage PR aspects of directory submissions (e.g. Chambers and Law360).
- Bachelor's degree in liberal arts, English, or a business-related field; 5+ years of work-related experience with the media, preferably within a law firm, financial services firm, or highly reputable PR agency;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a highly detail-oriented work manner;
- Knowledge of and comfort in discussing corporate practices areas;
- Ability to work and partner well within a team setting, and build professional working relationships with Partners and members of the media: possess pre-existing press contacts and relationships;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet time-sensitive deadlines;
- Experience utilizing social media tools and platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter.