Events ManagerFor the New York Office of a Wall Street Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Plan and manage a substantial program of client events, thought leadership seminars and corporate hospitality activities and ensure that they are executed to the highest possible standards;
- Ensure events arranged are consistent with the Firm's positioning and corporate objectives, working with BD and the partnership on strategic planning to achieve this;
- Full management of any Firm/Partner conferences to include establishing the initial brief, venue contracting, client, venue and delegate liaison, on-site event management, through to cost reconciliation;
- Conduct venue searches (and site visits) and feasibility studies, negotiate with suppliers, make recommendations and present proposals with full costs;
- Research, cost, recommend and book sports and/or arts events, or tailor unique events, to meet client entertainment objectives;
- Maintain event bookings with partner organizations to ensure the Firm maximizes benefits made available through memberships.
- 5+ years of experience working in an international business environment;
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of event planning, including the ability to multitask while working on several events at the same time;
- Proven event management experience, including conferences, seminars and other events;
- Experience working with multi-location teams, eg. multi-office initiatives and leveraging centralized resources;
- The ability to build strong working relationships and to be able to persuade and influence a range of people, including partners;
- Strong research and organizational skills.