Business Development Manager, LitigationFor the New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Delaware or Connecticut Office of a Well-Respected Regional Firm
- Draft pitches and proposals; work with lawyers in the Litigation, Insurance and Product Liability practice areas on client outreach activities; work with other BD Managers to coordinate cross-selling initiatives between various practice groups;
- Perform research on industry trends, prospective clients and competitors' business development activities to identify potential opportunities for the Firm's Partners to expand their client base;
- Ensure that the marketing materials for each practice group are current, accurate and complete; work with other members of the BD Department to draft and distribute matter information, news and publication details for attorneys within practice groups;
- Work closely with Practice Group Leaders on pricing, budgets and associate utilization;
- Participate in a pilot program in collaboration with Partners and the Finance Department to develop matter-specific budgets; monitor those budgets to ensure profitability;
- Work with the PR manager to develop media opportunities and topics for lawyer-authored articles within the assigned practices.
- 6+ years experience in a law firm or professional services environment; bachelor's degree in marketing preferred;
- Strategic thinker who takes ownership and is interested in client development and the business side of running a practice;
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to draft and summarize technical legal topics into plain English;
- Advanced knowledge of legal business development and marketing practices, including CRM (InterAction preferred) and communications;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with team members and internal and external clients;
- Proficiency in MS Office and legal research tools such as Monitor Suite.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results