Knowledge Strategy LawyerFor the New York Office of a Prestigious Global Law Firm
- Meet regularly with attorneys who have expertise relevant to the practice; facilitate sharing of quality know-how and expertise; respond to queries from attorneys to identify know-how;
- Research, monitor and inform the practice of legal and industry developments and trends;
- Train attorneys and promote the use of the department's Knowledge Management resources; liaise with users to gather feedback;
- Work with other Knowledge Strategy attorneys and departments to share best practices;
- Assist in the development of new practice tools; reengineer processes for greater efficiencies and advise the Knowledge Strategy Partners on improved processes and new technologies for the practices;
- Maintain designated practice sites and other know-how repositories; curate practice site content and ensure it is in line with the needs of the practice.
- J.D. Degree; 4+ years of experience at a large law firm;
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems;
- Ability to discern when to seek advice or guidance with regard to posting material; ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities; ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment; ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize work.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results