Legal Personnel Specialist, Global MobilityFor the New York Office of a Very Prestigious Law Firm
- Coordinate all aspects of the immigration process for attorneys in the New York office;
- Work closely with immigration counsel to secure U.S. work authorization for incoming associates, current associates and foreign associate attorneys;
- Coordinate the onboarding process for new hires, including the conflicts clearance process, review and verification of background checks and transcripts; act as a point person for new hires prior to and upon their arrival;
- Plan and coordinate various logistics for all new hire orientations; share the responsibility of leading one-off orientation sessions;
- Work alongside the Legal Personnel Manager to oversee the Foreign Associate Program and secondments to clients;
- Work closely with Legal Personnel Directors and Managers on various initiatives and programs addressing associate feedback, work life balance and retaining associates.
- 5+ years of experience in Legal Personnel or applicable experience in a service industry firm;
- Immigration experience a plus;
- Excellent organization and communication skills, in addition to superior judgment;
- Ability to deal discreetly with confidential information;
- Ability to problem-solve and successfully meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in various computer applications including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn proprietary databases within Firm; knowledge of viDesktop a plus.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results