US Communications ManagerFor the New York Office of a Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Work with Partners and Firm leadership to project the Firm's vision, and raise the profile of the Firm and its core practices;
- Manage the Firm's PR agency, helping to shape PR strategy; write and distribute press releases and deal announcements; support the communication of financial results; and assist with press-related events;
- Help identify emerging market trends; devise and develop research projects and media relations campaigns to help grow the Firm's reputation in key media; evaluate and monitor performance on an ongoing basis;
- Plan, implement and manage brand and thought leadership campaigns;
- Manage the Firm's website and digital presence; this includes providing day-to-day user support, repurposing existing marketing communications content for use online; and maintain an editorial plan for the Firm's US website section;
- Play an advisory role in delivering effective strategic internal communications.
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years' experience working in public relations, marketing or external communications roles;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to relate sophisticated information and concepts about current business/legal issues in plain English, are a must;
- Strong personal presence, able to represent the Firm externally with range of audiences including media;
- The ability to build strong working relationships and to be able to persuade and influence a range of people, including Partners;
- Experience in managing PR agency relationships;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines.