US Marketing and Business Development Manager - Dispute ResolutionFor the New York Office of a Magic Circle Firm
This is a filled position.
- Spearhead the development and implementation of marketing and BD strategies and plans; work closely with individual lawyers on their related practice development efforts;
- Use business intelligence and internal data to identify trends impacting the litigation and arbitration practices;
- Create targeted proposals and managing all aspects of RFP/RFI response (including leading pricing discussions); develop/manage related resources and materials, including practice descriptions, experience lists, etc.;
- Track the success of pitching and other business development activities; analyze and report on results;
- Identify practice-related awards and prepare submissions for individuals, deals, and teams; manage related directory and research guide submissions; research and evaluate speaking and sponsorship opportunities;
- Manage the practice's web presence, including drafting and updating practice-related content.
- J.D. required; 5+ years of marketing and BD experience working with a litigation or arbitration practice at a law firm or in a related professional services environment;
- Strong client service focus, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent analytical skills required, as well as the demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple complex and time sensitive projects;
- A deep knowledge of litigation-related research tools and databases preferred;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database programs is expected.