Professional Development ManagerFor the New York Office of a Prestigious Global Law Firm
- Continuously develop firm-wide professional/core skills curriculum using Partners & external consultants for programming in communications, writing, negotiation and financial skills; conduct periodic training needs assessments, analyzing input from associ
- Develop, enhance and manage major milestone training programs for 1st, 3rd and 5th year associates in substantive and skills-based training as well as practical sessions for new and transitioning associates;
- Liaise with Diversity and Women's Initiative Committees to identify opportunities to collaborate with affinity group members and clients on professional skills programs, substantive training and D&I training programs;
- Conduct check-in meetings with all new corporate associates 6-9 months after arrival, ensuring proper onboarding and integration;
- Respond to ad-hoc associate counseling requests on topics such as work assignments, giving/receiving feedback, department/practice group moves and miscellaneous professional development issues;
- Provide back-up staffing assistance for junior associates in the larger corporate practice groups; work with Practice Group Heads, Staffing Coordinators and the Professional Development department to identify potential secondees.
- JD preferred; coaching certification a plus; experience with collaborating with Partners in a large law firm setting expected;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong project management skills; ability to take complete ownership of designing and executing Firm-wide programs and ability to focus on long and short-term professional development initiatives;
- Skilled at negotiating among strong personalities while being respectful and supportive;
- Excellent leadership skills and able to inspire confidence among associates and leaders across the Firm; able to supervise, motivate and guide junior members of the PD team effectively;
- Knowledge of CLE rules in New York helpful.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results