Business Development Specialist - White CollarFor the New York Office of a Prestigious Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Work closely with the Senior Business Development Manager to develop and execute key initiatives and business plan objectives; execute litigation strategic priorities and regularly track and report progress;
- Work with members of the BD department to coordinate the administrative and content details of events, sponsorships, speaking engagements and thought leadership;
- Obtain client, prospect and market research; analyze research and identify key takeaways, opportunities and competitors;
- Prepare pitch materials and collaborate with proposal team to prepare RFPs;
- Oversee the development and distribution of BD and marketing collateral of relevant practice groups, including client memos, books, articles and other thought leadership pieces;
- Oversee marketing and BD database updates, including practice and matter descriptions, website, biographies, mailing lists and CRM.
- 5+ years of experience in a BD or marketing role in a professional services environment; law-firm specific background on the litigation side required; knowledge of white collar a plus; bachelor's degree;
- Must have knowledge of the litigation landscape, including an understanding of relevant litigation matter types, key players in the marketplace, industry trends and competitor law firms;
- Strong analytical skills; ability to synthesize information and facts to provide brief and detailed company profiles, industry overviews, biographical summaries and analysis of key matters and industry trends;
- Focused on execution and achieving measurable results through superior project and management skills;
- Excellent communication, including writing, editing and presentation skills;
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.