Senior Manager, Public RelationsFor the New York Office of a Global Law Firm
- Work directly with the Global Director of Communications to create media strategies that reflect the Firms brand and positioning, disseminate key messages and achieve the media coverage goals for the Firm and practice groups;
- Position the Firm and its lawyers as legal experts with key media outlets;
- Actively generate and seek story ideas and pitch to local and national legal, general business and trade press;
- Coach lawyers on press response techniques and prepare them for interviews;
- Routinely meet and interact with members of the press to establish and maintain key working relationships;
- Write press releases, pitch letters, and other publicity copy.
- 15+ years of relevant experience;
- Strong existing network of journalistic contacts from top business, legal, general, trade and web press;
- Experienced, strategic PR & communications executive with significant legal services experience;
- A proven track record creating and implementing sophisticated PR strategies;
- Excellent writing and superior oral and written communication skills;
- Highly adept at taking strategic plans and translating them into simple courses of action to be implemented; strong track record of execution.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results