PR SpecialistFor the New York Office of a Prestigious Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Conduct research on media outlets and reporters to aid in outreach and to prepare Partners for press interviews;
- Develop media lists for use in targeted pitches and general outreach concerning Firm matters and initiatives;
- Assist in compilation and review of the daily media sweep of Firm mentions in the press; monitor news for media coverage mentioning the Firm and Partners;
- Assist in the identification and development of potential thought leadership topics;
- Draft directory and award submissions; collaborate with marketing staff to organize materials and logistics related to directory and awards interviews;
- Assist in handling client and topic specific media analysis and other research projects.
- 3+ years PR/Media Relations experience required; prior experience in a law firm is a plus; bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent drafting, editing and proofreading skills; exceptional attention to detail;
- Extremely strong project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills;
- Ability to interact effectively and appropriately with reporters, Partners, senior administrative staff and peers;
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment; ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.