Director of Business DevelopmentFor the Philadelphia, New York or DC Office of a National Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the attorneys by engaging, retaining and expanding new and existing client relationships, and by cultivating prospects with target markets;
- Oversee the training of assigned staff members and conduct formal and informal performance evaluations of the assigned team; monitor workloads, assignments and other goals;
- Oversee the development of strategic, actionable business development plans for department and practice groups by partnering with department leaders and attorneys; work with individual lawyers and advise on best BD practices and strategies;
- Identify and pursue cross-selling and cross-marketing opportunities and create customized pitch materials for specific opportunities;
- Increase brand awareness and profile for assigned practice areas; work with department, practice group and event teams to develop and implement seminars for clients and prospects; coordinate practice group participation at industry events and conferences;
- In collaboration with Knowledge Management, oversee and coordinate the development of strategic research on existing and prospective clients, competitors and industry developments or market trends.
- 10+ years of marketing/business development experience working with Practice Groups required;
- Able to bring substantive knowledge, forward thinking, creativity and innovation to the role;
- Experience managing a team of busy Partners and excellent project management skills; ability to assess, adapt and reprioritize projects quickly when situations change;
- Must be able to think strategically, analytically and creatively;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage people and motivate them to accomplish their goals; ability to lead meetings, teams and workgroups and coordinate the activities or tasks of the Firm;
- Must have superior presentation, writing and verbal communication skills.