Business Development ManagerFor the New York Office of a Well-Respected Am Law 100 Firm
- Monitor industry, client and legal developments and trends, identify and communicate potential opportunities to lawyers;
- Provide thorough and proactive presentation and pitch support and coaching to the lawyers, including drafting pitch meeting scripts and roles, creating pitch material, vetting and crafting pre-presentation questions, assessing strategy, managing projects;
- Provide competitive intelligence following each pitch/proposal by crafting debrief questions and working with the lawyers to evaluate our successes and downfalls in the pitch process;
- Guide lawyers in identifying BD prospects, along with expanding existing client relationships;
- Work with the competitive intelligence manager to deliver proactive client, prospect, region, office, competitor and industry research to meet the business development needs of the Firm's partners as outlined in business development and strategic plans;
- Work with the Firm's partners to deliver branded client alerts, newsletters and CLE trainings; develop and coordinate programs and events in the London office.
- 5+ years of marketing and BD experience; bachelor's degree required, preferably in a discipline requiring writing, research and analysis, marketing or business; MBA or JD a plus;
- Highly organized with strong creative abilities;
- Savvy technology skills;
- Self starter; motivated individual willing to go to the extra mile to get the job done;
- Strong verbal and written skills;
- Proactive in planning and opportunity spotting.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results