US Communications Senior ManagerFor the New York Office of a Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Manage the Firm's PR agency, helping to shape PR strategy; write and distribute press releases and deal announcements; support the communication of financial results; assist with press-related events;
- Collaborate with BD and communications colleagues in planning and executing the Firm’s internal and external communications and provide practical and strategic advice in relation to the Firm’s communications activities;
- Liaise with Partners to develop their strategic messaging; support important firm-wide campaigns and initiatives;
- Draft communication materials such deal announcements, byline article abstracts, pre-briefing documents, social media posts, etc.;
- Identify with Partners and BD members emerging trends and issues that impact clients that can be communicated via a range of channels;
- Supervise the Firm’s awards process; provide guidance on awards, sponsorship, advertising, editorial and advertorial proposals.
- 10+ years of communications/public relations experience, preferably in legal services, either at a firm or on the agency side;
- Proven track record of successful client relationship management;
- Strong understanding of the legal and business landscape and ability to help the firm to distinguish itself from peer firms;
- Experience in developing and successfully executing communications & PR plans;
- Comfortable interacting with and counseling partners and senior-level employees;
- Excellent verbal communication skills and exceptional writing abilities.