Professional Development Manager, TaxFor the New York Office of a Prestigious Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Staff approximately 35 Associates as needed; monitor utilization and track Associates' experience in order to maximize the variety of work, increase exposure to different Partners and Senior Associates and develop new skills;
- Assist Tax lawyers with planning regular social gatherings;
- Collaborate with others in the Professional Development Department to manage the performance evaluation process for Tax Associates and Counsel;
- Manage the Career Advisor Program for the Tax group;
- Work with Professional Development and meet regularly with Associates to assess morale, identify training needs, answer questions and address concerns;
- Assist with secondment requests, follow-up and re-integration, Professional Development webpage; Associates Committee.
- 3+ years of post-graduate experience in a law firm or professional services; JD and/or Master’s degree preferred;
- Familiarity with tax is a plus;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Excellent leadership skills and be able to inspire confidence among associates and firm leaders;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and other sensitive matters;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.