Professional Development ManagerFor the New York Office of an International Law Firm
- Identify associate career development needs; develop and manage the implementation of programs relating to attorney career development;
- Provide support to the Partners with regard to associate needs, including staffing and utilization; provide ongoing analysis of workloads; track skills and experiences needed and make recommendations on staffing needs;
- Provide confidential advice and guidance to attorneys on all aspects of career growth and development;
- Oversee administration of performance evaluation processes for associates and counsel;
- Manage multi-year associate mentoring program; manage the exit interview process firm-wide;
- Monitor current trends and best practices in legal talent and professional development; implement new innovations, as appropriate, to ensure the Firm's efforts are innovative and cutting edge.
- An undergraduate degree required; an advanced degree in organizational development, human resources, social sciences, a related field or J.D. preferred;
- A minimum of five years of broad-based career development experience; significant experience in legal, consulting or other professional services organizations preferred;
- Demonstrated success establishing, developing and managing robust career development functions in a national or international, multi-office environment;
- Expert understanding of best practices in professional development and career development;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a consensus-driven organization and to create consensus-based support for strategies and processes;
- A highly organized and self-directed approach to work with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; impeccable attention to detail.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results