Business Development ManagerFor the Los Angeles Office of a Very Prestigious Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Support California Partners in their efforts to manage existing and develop new relationships; identify BD opportunities and implement initiatives;
- Work with Partners on the development of individual business plans; help Partners with their entrepreneurial activities and to focus efforts on the highest value opportunities;
- Assist Partners in preparing targeted presentations that effectively communicate the Firm’s expertise and articulate why the Firm should be retained;
- Conduct competitive and market intelligence research; report market trends and highlight BD opportunities;
- Collaborate with Events team to develop compelling client programs/education conferences; identify sponsorship opportunities to enhance the Firm’s profile in California and target clients;
- Work with Partners and BD colleagues to ensure timely updating of all marketing materials, including practice and individual biography collateral, with new deal or matter information.
- 5+ years of experience working for a law firm, financial institution or other professional services firm; BA required; JD or MBA is a plus;
- Experience with presenting to and business writing at the Executive/Partner level;
- Familiarity with the competitive legal landscape in CA;
- Significant understanding of transactional terminology and processes, as well as basic understanding of litigation terminology;
- Excellent writing, editing, analytical, research and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint; knowledge of CRM systems.