Business Development ManagerFor the New York Office of a Large Global Law Firm
- Support the Firm’s Corporate, Tax and Employee Benefits lawyers in growing business with their current clients and identifying and expanding new business opportunities;
- Develop BD plans with attorneys and support implementation; conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity and industry and market trends;
- Seek to understand firm, practice and office goals and work to identify cross-selling opportunities;
- Create customized responses to RFPs, customized pitches and business development presentations;
- Manage deals lists and the Experience Database for relevant practices; create web and print marketing collateral, including brochures and practice descriptions;
- Oversee all client-facing events: practice-related seminars, CLE presentations, as well as sponsorships.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or JD preferred; 5+ years of relevant experience;
- Solid understanding of corporate deal work; M&A background is a plus;
- Previous experience supervising marketing staff and being accountable for performance and results of a team;
- Strong presence, a high degree of poise and the ability to build relationships with multiple constituents; ability to influence action and achieve results;
- Proven project management skills; ability to set goals and take responsibility for achieving them;
- Strong client service orientation; responsiveness and a proactive workstyle.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results