Human Resources ManagerFor the Chicago, DC, NY, Philadelphia or San Francisco Office of a Prestigious National Law Firm
- Ensure that HR practices are consistently applied across all offices and administrative departments; monitor each office for compliance with internal policies as well as external government requirements; act as a business partner on all HR practices;
- Work closely with the HR Team to develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of qualified candidates; establish best practices for recruiting and hiring procedures;
- Coach and train managers in their communication and feedback to team members; ensure that managers know how to ethically, honestly and legally communicate with employees;
- Manage Firm compliance with all governmental requirements including any related to the EEO, the ADA, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the ERISA, the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the OSHA and so forth;
- Administer the Firm’s affirmative action program; file EEO-1 annually;
- Develop programs that engage employees and impact the employee experience and retention of top talent.
- Bachelor's degree ideally in HR or Business; 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in a HR position with an emphasis on employee/labor relations;
- Expertise in employment laws and employment practices, with experience in conducting all types of employment investigations; knowledge of California employment law preferred;
- Knowledge and experience in affirmative action plans, compensation, recruitment, employee relations, employee engagement and employee development;
- Experience coaching managers on employee relations issues;
- Strong managerial experience; proven ability to train and mentor staff;
- Ability to build trusted relationships at all levels and to inspire the confidence of the Firm’s leaders.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results