Professional Development Manager - LitigationFor the New York Office of a Prestigious Global Law Firm
- Support staffing partners in the White Collar, Antitrust, Civil Litigation and IP Litigation practice areas; create reports for litigation partners to assist with staffing and utilization;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process for litigation associates and counsel; prepare written review summaries for all mid-level and senior litigation associates;
- Conduct orientation for first year and lateral litigation associates; manage the Career Advisor Program, making associate/partner matches and tracking participation among partners and associates;
- Meet regularly with all mid-level and senior associates to monitor morale, answer questions, and address any concerns;
- Analyze exit interview responses and data; make recommendations for improving associate recruiting and retention;
- Create and or track associates' experience to maximize the variety of work and exposure to different partners and senior associates; work with Litigation Training Committee and other PD managers to organize training programs.
- JD preferred; coaching certification a plus; experience with collaborating with Partners in a large law firm setting expected;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong project management skills; ability to take complete ownership of designing and executing Firm-wide programs and ability to focus on long and short-term professional development initiatives;
- Skilled at negotiating among strong personalities while being respectful and supportive;
- Excellent leadership skills and able to inspire confidence among associates and leaders across the Firm; ability to supervise, motivate and guide junior members of the PD team effectively;
- Knowledge of CLE rules in New York helpful.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results