Practice Group Manager for M&A or LitigationFor the New York Office of a Global Law Firm
- Design, coordinate and lead substantive practice group, cross-group and summer associate trainings;
- Create, develop and maintain model documents, forms, precedents, checklists, commentary and other substantive content in cooperation with lawyers in the practice group;
- Serve as a source of legal, market and practical expertise to the Firm’s client-facing teams; train members of the practice group on relevant resources, technologies, content and content-sharing platforms and practices;
- Work closely with practice group leaders to identify areas of need in precedent management, matter experience capturing, efficiencies and knowledge gaps for training needs; monitor and inform the practice group of market developments;
- Assist with BD efforts, including thought leadership initiatives and client seminars and pitches; assist with identification and evaluation of new legal technologies relevant to the practice; pilot and execute implementation of technologies;
- Support writing and publication of client memoranda, blog posts and other external “thought leader” content.
- A JD and 4+ years of experience in a large NY law firm;
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to create a project plan, set deadlines, delegate responsibilities and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Self-starter with the ability to progress work independently;
- Excellent collaborative skills to coordinate and organize across the practice group and practice group support structure; confident and effective communicator;
- Outstanding research and drafting skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results