Business Development Specialist, TransactionalFor the Connecticut, New Jersey or New York Office of a Well-Respected Regional Firm
- Draft, customize and produce pitch books, RFPs and presentations; manage the process for RFPs that cover multiple practices;
- Create competitive analyses on companies and industries; collaborate with Business Development Managers and lawyers to identify legal services and cross selling opportunities for specific companies;
- Manage regular updates to the Deals & Cases database; work with lawyers and Business Development Managers to collect, draft and get approvals for case summaries;
- Prepare submissions for key directory rankings, awards and league tables;
- Assist the Firm’s Business Development Managers with client events and sponsorships, including reviewing mailing lists, presentation materials, onsite support and follow-up communications;
- Work with the Business Development Manager to help facilitate the practice group meeting agendas and materials and prepare and track annual practice group budgets.
- BA and 4+ years of experience in a law firm or other professional services environment required; experience with litigation practices is strongly preferred;
- Proactive self-starter and strategic thinker who can take ownership of multiple projects and see them through with minimal oversight, while maintaining attention to detail;
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to draft and summarize technical legal topics into plain English;
- Solid knowledge of legal marketing practices, including business development, CRM and marketing communications;
- Ability to work well in a team environment; strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Monitor Suite (or similar legal research tools).
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results