Strategic HR & Legal Personnel ManagerFor the New York, LA or DC Office of an International Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Execute talent management strategies across the firm for both business professionals and attorneys;
- Provide guidance on employee relations and performance management issues; coach department heads and Partners on discipline issues and terminations;
- Perform talent assessments and on-boarding; consult with all levels of leaders to determine areas of opportunity and career paths;
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition, leaders and the Firm’s employment counsel; execute talent needs assessments and actively engage and participate in the recruitment process;
- Collaborate with compensation and benefits team; work with the Director to execute various compensation and benefit programs;
- Participate in change management initiatives; consult with leaders on cross department/office projects and secondment engagements.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role; experience in a law firm or corporate legal department required; master’s degree in a related field preferred;
- Proven talent for assessing opportunities for organizational improvement, identifying gaps, and creating opportunities that drive business results;
- Exceptional ability to consult, communicate and influence leadership;
- Change and Project Management skills;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Exercises a high level of sensitivity and sophisticated judgment when working with confidential employment related documents.