Human Resources ManagerFor the Los Angeles Office of a Large Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Support firm-wide HR Director and Office Administrator with compliance of California state and federal employment laws; attend employment law seminars as needed; proactively anticipate potential changes to employment laws;
- Work closely with department heads and Managers in providing employee relations coaching and counseling; recommend appropriate course of action and disciplinary discussions;
- Plan and implement the annual performance management process for 70 staff members; provide market research and advise to the Office Administrator and Human Resources Director during the compensation and bonus review process;
- Develop and facilitate professional development training programs for professional staff;
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment for exempt and non-exempt positions, student internships, and temporary/contract employees; maintain job postings, conduct and coordinate interviews, complete employment references and verifications;
- Propose changes to existing policy and procedures, as needed and as part of the annual Handbook review process, to ensure policies are appropriate, compliant and easily understood.
- 7+ years of Human Resources experience, including a minimum 2 years of supervisory or leadership experience; bachelor's degree required; law firm or professional services background required;
- Current knowledge of industry and Human Resources best practices, trends and techniques; familiarity with applicable state and federal regulations;
- Excellent problem solving skills; business-minded; ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing; ability to handle sensitive matters using impeccable judgment and confidentiality;
- Working knowledge of an integrated HRIS system required; Workday preferred;
- Expertise in employee relations and talent acquisition.