3 Practice Manager Roles: Asset Management, M&A/Private Equity, and CorporateFor the NY Office of a Very Successful Wall-Street Firm
- Assist in preparing and implementing the annual practice group business plan, monitoring progress and suggesting proactive measures to achieve priorities;
- Manage and support staffing with the Firm’s staffing Partners and PGHs to ensure that each attorney is fully utilized, while balancing client needs with development goals;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of development needs within the group in order to prepare and follow through on individual attorney development plans. Manage all aspects of the review process and address and monitor any performance issues;
- Coordinate hiring needs with the Recruiting team and the onboarding and integration of entry-level and lateral attorneys into the group;
- Identify training needs and develop substantive programs. Manage all aspects of the group’s practice-specific training programs, including coordinating CLE requirements with Professional Development;
- Develop and manage initiatives to create a cohesive team and coordinate and develop agendas and presentations for practice group meetings.
- 5+ years of experience at a professional services firm. Prior practice management, professional development or firm management experience is preferred. J.D. or a graduate degree in a relevant discipline a plus;
- Well-honed financial, analytical and project management skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a familiarity with SharePoint, CRM and timekeeping applications;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage shifting priorities;
- Demonstrated leadership skills with an inclusive attitude and the ability to build consensus and find creative solutions;
- Strong integrity and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results