Legal Personnel CoordinatorFor the New York Office of a Large Global Law Firm
- Coordinate the onboarding of lateral associates and international attorneys into the firm, including working with the onboarding team to organize orientation planning and preparation;
- Maintain personnel records in Workday; process changes in attorney employment status, hiring, terminating and employment verifications;
- Track expenses on group budget and process relocation, bar exam and other legal personnel expenses;
- Assist with the set up of associate and counsel annual appraisal cycles in ViEval; work with the coordinators to schedule reviews and mid-rotation check-ins;
- Liaise with immigration counsel to obtain necessary work authorization for associates; track all associates on visas and maintain immigration and Public Access files;
- Maintain the Legal Personnel intranet site on SharePoint.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a law firm or other professional services setting;
- Direct experience with onboarding of lateral associates and international attorneys (or other employees), including the collection of paperwork and preparation of orientation schedules and materials; prior experience handling visas and immigration issues;
- Strong computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office; experience in ViEval and Workday is preferred;
- Excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and maintain flexibility;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact with attorneys; detail-oriented.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results