Recruiting ManagerFor the Chicago Office of a Top Ten Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Manage all functions of law school recruitment efforts including coordinate on-campus events, scheduling and coordinating student interviews and handling evaluation forms;
- Lead the preparations for incoming lawyers and laterals including pre-arrival administrative matters for new lawyers such as conflict of interest checks, payment of bar fees and stipends and first-day orientation;
- Manage the summer associate program and lateral recruitment efforts including assisting practice groups in identifying suitable interview candidates and coordinating the interview schedules;
- Maintain and update recruiting budget, expenditures and various computer programs for recruiting including the generation of all reports and charts;
- Serve as a mentor to assigned staff, assist in staff development, participate in their annual performance reviews and set priorities for daily workflow for the department;
- In conjunction with the Chicago Office Administrator, ensure departmental compliance with office and firm standards, policies, practices and legal obligations.
- Minimum of 3+ years of law firm or in professional services recruiting experience;
- Thorough knowledge of recruiting practices including procedures, reports, policies and computer-based software;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong leadership skills and willingness to function as a role model within the office;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within the department, office and firm as well as with recruits, vendors and others outside the firm;
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.