West Coast Professional Development ManagerFor the Los Angeles Office of a Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Serve as the Professional Development point person for the offices, including central responsibility for local Associates Committee member and general associate outreach/support;
- Manage fall and lateral associate integration process; oversee the offices’ formal mentor program including coordinating annual program launches and events;
- Identify training programs to address evolving associate needs and requests and work with partners and/or outside consultants to develop appropriate content; work closely with office partners to coordinate general and local department training for new ass
- Conduct exit interviews with departing associate attorneys and analyze feedback;
- Collaborate with the Chief Professional Development Officer, Global Professional Development Manager and other department members to implement long-term and/or special global projects;
- Provide management, coaching and career development guidance to the Professional Development Coordinator.
- 5+ years experience as an associate and/or in a professional development role in a global law firm or professional services firm; JD required;
- Strong organization skills with a focus on attention to detail, problem-solving and the ability to multitask;
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels of the Firm, including taking initiative to meet and maintain positive relationships with attorneys and staff;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills;
- Established project management skills and program design experience; formal training as a coach is a plus;
- Strong skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.