Senior Manager, Public RelationsFor the New York, Boston, Philadelphia, or DC Office of a Global Law Firm
- Work with the Global Director of Communications to create media strategies that reflect the Firm’s brand and positioning, disseminate key messages, and achieve the media coverage goals of the firm and practice groups;
- Actively generate story ideas and pitch to legal, business and trade press; Investigate story angles to improve newsworthiness of firm developments;
- Identify visibility opportunities for attorneys and firm; Drive the quantity and quality of media coverage;
- Communicate issues and topics to the media that attorneys can be resources on; Coordinate interviews and meetings with reporters;
- Write press release, pitch letters and other publicity copy; Advise lawyers and other personnel on press response techniques;
- Monitor advertising calendars of relevant publications and communicate/recommend opportunities.
- 15+ years of relevant business experience; Journalism experience is preferred;
- Existing network of journalist contacts in the US from top business, legal, general, trade and web press;
- Ability to build trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills; Proactive problem-solver;
- Ability to deal with complex legal or financial subject matters;
- Professional and collaborative work style.
inquire about this position | email a friend | back to job search results