Director of Associate Recruiting and DevelopmentFor the Pennsylvania (Various Locations), Princeton, NY or Philadelphia Office of a National Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Provide overall management and strategic planning for all associate attorney recruitment efforts, including the development of best practices;
- Raise the internal and external visibility of the Firm's attorney recruitment and professional development programs and build strong relationships with law schools and search firms;
- Work closely with the CEO and Practice Group Leaders (PGLS) to facilitate associate relations and open communications;
- Oversee and revitalize the Firm’s associate mentor program, working closely with the PGLs on matches, new mentor training, and annual assessment of the program;
- Collaborate with PGLs to assess needs, create programs, and implement attorney core skills training; communicate program plans, goals, and outcomes; provide recommendations for external training vendors;
- Manage associate evaluation process and monitor associate productivity for adherence to professional development objectives for each professional.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional development experience within the legal industry;
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver;
- Strong relationship building and communication skills; ability to become a trusted advisor to both Partners and Associates;
- Extremely collaborative work style; able to work well with all levels and personalities;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once;
- Ability to align resources and buy-in and lead projects to success.