Associate Professional Development ManagerFor the New York, Greenwich or New Haven Office of a Boutique Mid-Sized International Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Work closely with Partners and the PD team to implement optimal attorney development initiatives for associates;
- Manage the assignment process for 35 junior associates; draft and assist with the delivery of evaluations and ensure that they are provided with continuous feedback;
- Implement staffing solutions to maximize each associate’s variety of work, exposure to different Partners, and opportunity to develop new skills;
- Support Partners in resource planning and in building high-performance teams;
- Work with Partners and other firm lawyers to develop and implement technical skills training curriculum using internal and vendor resources;
- Collaborate with the Human Resources team on the on-boarding of new attorneys; plan morale-building events, and other growth opportunities;
- 5+ years of relevant experience in managing assignments and mentoring Associates; JD preferred;
- Motivated self-starter and problem-solver with a demonstrated ability to drive innovation and a passion for lawyer development and training;
- Ability to build trusted relationships with Partners and Associates;
- Strong communicator and presenter, both verbally and written;
- Ability to influence internal clients and colleagues in a collaborative and supportive manner;
- Highly proficient in all standard office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.