Manager of Attorney Development and ProgramsFor the Bay Area Office of a Prestigious Global Law Firm
This is a filled position.
- Strategically plan and implement attorney development goals and objectives of the offices and departments;
- Lead the attorney development staff in their professional development endeavors including organizing, assigning and delegating the work of the staff to ensure department objectives are met timely and accurately;
- Support the strategic initiatives of the Associates Committee including implementing programs related to morale and retention;
- Develop and maintain relationships with local Associates Committee members, Office Managing Partners and Department Chairs regarding the ongoing associate development needs of the office; meet regularly with these groups to discuss ongoing needs and issue
- Provide continuous benchmarking and gather best practices information through participation in local, regional, and national associations;
- Work with the Manager of Attorney Recruiting to coordinate the orientation of new attorneys, including fall associate class onboarding.
- 4+ years of relevant management experience at a professional services organization;
- Strong knowledge of legal employment issues;
- Ability to demonstrate excellent leadership skills necessary for effective management;
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.